just an idea to be able to use special characters (such as ö, á, è, ñ and many others and punctuation symbols like !) in deviation's titles so we can write our work's titles in other languages.
Like you can see there's a box for the "original title" that allow the use of special characters and other box for the "deviation's title" that will be used in the url bar and for that don't allow special characters.
In the deviation's view that you can see in below, I put the "Original title" bigger (like the titles that we have now) and above the "deviation's title" but this could be handled in some other way.
Also as you can see the title is above the image, I think is better that way cause the title is like the beginning of the piece, like an introduction to it. But this don't bother me too much and I know that should need a little change in the layout.
Don't take this as a main idea, the intention with this is open the door to better ideas.
And like a extra suggestion, Do you see the "more from jotazombie" in the right column? there you can see some (3 or 4) thumbnails featured. What is the problem? that we have already dicided which work we can have in the Featured part in our gallery, and which work belong to certain folder that we created. But this thing shows pieces from any folder in your gallery so in some case you'll have an odd mixture of work. What I think will be better is shows only works from the same folder that the deviation that you're seeing. so if you have some folder for an specific audience it will show only the works for that audience.
Finally I'm going to clarify a couple of things that I'm afraid that some could think or say:
No, I'm not against dA
No, I'm not against English
Yes, I know that coding is not easy
Yes, I think that titles are important
The title that I used in the image is a funny example of the problems of use "n" instead "ñ". with "n" it would be "un ano en la oscuridad" translated "one anus in the darkness"
a funny thing about this: if you go to google translator and write "ano" (translating from Spanish to English) the first result is "year" and not "anus" like it should be.
I invite you to visit
and join if you care about this issue.
PS: a more "simple" solution can be don't use the deviation's title in the url bar and instead that use a numeric value, just like they are using now next to the deviation's title (in the url bar).
thanks a lot for suggested this as DD
for the featured
Also thanks all for the positive comments and favs, I really wish could do more for this issue, make it real. I hope dA consider this to think about some kind of solution.